Mr Mehta has published extensively on all aspects of Upper Gastrointestinal and General Surgery.
He has over 30 peer reviewed publications (see below), a published a book (Handbook of General Surgical Emergencies) and contributed to several book chapters in other published books
- In 1994 with University Department of Physiology, Oxford: ‘Morphological changes in Gerbil Medial Superior Olive Cells after postnatal unilateral cochlear ablation’ Mehta S. Dissertation for MA
- ‘Ugly Confrontations’: Mehta S; on the subject of Medical Student mistreatment: Oxford Medical School Gazette (1998)
- ‘Making medical recruitment policies fair’: Mehta S; Oxford Medical School Gazette (1999)
- Letter in reply to ‘Fix and flap: the radical orthopaedic and plastic treatment of severe open fractures of the tibia.’ Mehta S, and Williams W. J Bone Joint Surg Br. 2001 Jul;83(5):773-4
- Letter in reply to ‘A single normal ultrasonographic scan at age 65 years rules out significant aneurysm disease for life in men.’ Mehta S and Hindmarsh A. Br J Surg. 2001 Dec;88(12):1654-5
- ‘Herpes Zoster – An unusual presentation of lumbar hernia’. Hindmarsh A, Mehta S. Emerg Med J. 2002 Sep; 19(5):460.
- ‘Anorectal Sepsis’. Hughes F and Mehta S. Hosp Med. 2002 Mar; 63(3):166-9.
- ‘Junior doctors’ handbook’. Mehta S. Published for new junior doctors starting at St. Mary’s Hospital Isle of Wight
- ‘Selected internet viewings – Endovascular surgery.’ Mehta S and Shearman C. Annals of the RCSEng. 2004;86:393
- Letter in reply to ‘Inadvertent perforation during rectal cancer resection in Norway’ (Br J Surg 2004;91:210-216). Mehta S Br J Surg. 2004 Jun;91(6):779
- ‘Long-term functional symptoms after Laparoscopic Nissen fundoplication’. Mehta S, Hindmarsh A, Rhodes M. Surg Endosc. 2005 Nov;19(11):1447-50
- ‘Systematic review: the chemoprevention of oesophageal adenocarcinoma’. Mehta S, Johnson IT, Rhodes M. Aliment Pharmacol Ther. 2005 Nov 1;22(9):759-68
- ‘Laparoscopic Gastrojejunostomy versus Duodenal stenting for malignant gastric ouflow obstruction: Randomised Controlled Trial’. Mehta S, Hindmarsh A, Cheong E, Cockburn J, Saada J, Lewis M, Rhodes M. Surg Endosc. 2006 Feb;20(2):239-42
- Letter in reply to ‘A procedure-specific systematic review and consensus recommendations for postoperative analgesia following laparoscopic cholecystectomy’ Boddy A, Mehta S Surg Endosc.2006: August 10
- ‘Unexpected adhesions to a previously inserted pre-peritoneal mesh plug’ Mehta S, Rhodes M Surg Lap Perc Tech.2006 June;16(3):172
- ‘The effect of intraperitoneal local anaesthesia in laparoscopic cholecystectomy: A systematic review and meta-analysis’ Boddy A, Mehta S, Rhodes M Anaesthesia Analgesia 2006;103(3):682-8
- ‘Review of outcome following laparoscopic paraesophageal hernia repair’ Mehta S, Boddy A, Rhodes M. Surg Lap Perc Tech. 2006 Oct; 16(5):301-6.
- ‘Surgery for Morbid Obesity’ Bennett J, Mehta S, Rhodes M. Postgraduate Medical Journal. 2007 Jan; 83(975):8-15.
- ‘Systematic review: Cyclo-oxygenase-2 in human oesophageal adenocarcinogenesis.’ Mehta S, Boddy A, Johnson I, Rhodes M. Aliment Pharmacol Ther. 2006 Nov 1; 24(9):1321-31.
- ‘Prospective Trial of Laparoscopic Nissen Fundoplication versus Proton Pump Inhibitor Therapy for Gastro‑Oesophageal Reflux Disease: Seven Year Follow‑Up.’ Mehta S, Bennett J, Mahon D, Rhodes M. Journal of Gastrointestinal Surgery 2006 Nov;10(9):1312-7
- ‘Postoperative esophageal physiology studies may help to predict long-term symptoms following laparoscopic Nissen fundoplication’. Boddy AP, Mehta S, Bennett J, Mahon D, Rhodes M. Surg Endosc. 2007; 22(5):1298-1302
- ‘Effect of n-3 polyunsaturated fatty acids on Barrett’s epithelium in the human lower esophagus.’ Mehta S, Boddy AP, Cook J, Sams V, Lund EK, Johnson IT, Rhodes M. American Journal of Clinical Nutrition 2008; 87(4):949-56.
- ‘Comparative outcome of oesophago-gastric cancer in younger patients’. Mehta S, Bailey D, Davies N. Mehta SP, Bailey D, Davies N.Ann R Coll Surg Engl. 2010 Sep;92(6):515-8. Epub 2010 Jun 1.
- ‘Gastric IgG4-related autoimmune fibrosclerosing pseudotumour: a novel location’. Rollins K, Mehta S, Safranek P. ISRN Gastroenterology Volume 2011 (2011), Article ID 873087, 3 pages doi:10.5402/2011/873087
- ‘Can the rat be used as a valid model of human esophageal adenocarcinoma’. Hindmarsh A,Belshaw N, Mehta S, Johnson IT, Rhodes M. Dis Esophagus. 2012 Feb;25(2):159-65.
- ‘Comparison of the prognostic value of the 6th and 7th editions of the Union for International Cancer Control TNM staging system in patients with lower esophageal cancer undergoing neoadjuvant chemotherapy followed by surgery.’ Mehta SP, Jose P, Mirza A, Pritchard SA, Hayden JD, Grabsch HI. Dis Esophagus. 2013 Feb-Mar;26(2):182-8
- ‘Prognostic significance of cancer within 1 mm of the circumferential resection margin in oesophageal cancer patients following neo-adjuvant chemotherapy.’ Salih T, Jose P, Mehta SP, Mirza A, Udall G, Pritchard SA, Hayden JD, Grabsch HI. Eur J Cardiothorac Surg. 2013 Mar;43(3):562-7
WEIGHT LOSS SURGEON IN LEEDS